I choose to keep the fat content of my diet relatively low. That’s just me though. You do you.
But this is a list of the (natural) full fat indulgences I like to treat myself to every now and then … or when I’ve had a bad day and want to drown my sorrows in peanut butter (don’t pretend you don’t know what I mean)…
- Peanut butter Or any kind of nut butter for that matter. We all know that special kind of pure bliss that comes from eating peanut butter off a spoon.
- Coconut milk It just makes everything better! Add it to oatmeal, smoothies, cookie or brownie recipes, protein balls or truffles… INSTANT CREAMY GOODNESS ACHIEVED! I don’t usually use coconut milk in these things on a day to day basis because of it’s high fat content.
- Cacao truffles GET IN MY BELLY! NUTS + DATES + CACAO blended together in the Nutribullet in a 900 watt tornado of deliciousness and then rolled into balls is. my. jam!!!
- Avocado mousse It sounds gross the first time you hear it but trust me, you’ll never go back! Avocado blended with cacao and some coconut milk and sweetener makes a delicious creamy desert that is so similar to chocolate mousse. You can also freeze the mixture and it will turn into icecream.
- Granola If you’ve never had a smoothie bowl topped with an obscenely huge mountain of nutty granola, stop reading this post, grab your car keys and go buy the ingredients to make one. Then you can come back and comment and thank me later because I promise I just changed your life.
and an honourable mention goes to my sneaky 6th item on the list, which are my Jam Center Fudgey Brownies and Almond and Date Chip Cookies … best healthy treats you’ll ever eat! Do yourself a favour and check out the recipes. You’re welcome.