Could anything be any cuter than these Christmas truffle balls!?!
If you serve these on Christmas you’ll look look the craftiest, pinteresty-est person EVER!!!
But I know you don’t have time to be cute and pinteresty when you have a million and six things to do before December 25th….
Well, good thing this recipe is only 2 steps.
That’s right. Scroll down and check, I’ll wait for you…
See! And they’re made from nothing but dried fruit, nuts and Christmassy spices! So they taste like sweet, delicious Christmas but are WAY healthier for you than Grandma’s Christmas pudding… Sorry Grandma.
RECIPE (makes 10 truffles):
- 1 cup of dried figs
- 1/3 a cup of dried raisins or cranberries (be aware if you are buying dried fruit with lots of added sugar, oil, preservatives)
- 1/3 cup pitted fresh medjool dates
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1tbsp of your favorite nut butter or PB2 peanut butter powder (you can buy this on iHerb way cheaper than in the shop. Use discount code JWV697 for $5 off)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp Loving earth vanilla bean powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ginger
– Shredded/desiccated coconut
To make truffles:
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor or Nutribullet until combined but not smooth. (TIP: if you don’t’ have a food processor you can use a magic bullet or nutribullet and blend each ingredient separately then combine in a bowl. This takes a lot longer though)
- Form the dough from your combined ingredients into small balls. Dip the top half of the truffle balls into some shredded coconut to create a Christmas pudding look. Top with pomegranate seeds for extra Christmassy cuteness!
Store them in the fridge and try your hardest not to eat them all before you need to serve them to guests! … or just eat the whole tray, yolo.
Original recipe by Made Whole co
CLICK TO SHOP FOR INGREDIENTS:
(Use Made Whole coupon code “JWV697” on iHerb.com for $5 off your order!)