☑ Gluten free ☑ Dairy free ☑ Refined sugar free ☑ Vegan
This blueberry pie is healthy enough for you to eat as much as you like, and delicious enough to want to! With only 5 ingredients, it is SUPER simple to make and the perfect desert to share with dinner guests or take to a party!
- 3 small punnets of blueberries (either fresh or frozen)
- 3 medium sized bananas
- 1 cup of gluten free oats or oat flour (can use Buckwheat flour if desired)
- 1 cup of almonds (or another nut of your choice)
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup Coconut Magic Coconut flakes
- Loving Earth buckinis to put on top (you can get there from here)
To make the base:
- Combine your dates, oats and almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor or high speed blender (I swear by my Nutribullet) until they form a sticky dough. You can even customise this base to suit your liking by changing the type of nut you use, or by using a buckwheat flour instead of an oat flour.
- Sprinkle a spring form pan or pie dish with some form of flour to prevent the dough from sticking. I used coconut flour. Press your dough into the base of your pie dish or spring form pan.
- Place in the fridge while you make the blueberry layer.
To make the blueberry layer:
- Blend together 2 punnets of blueberries (or frozen blueberries) and 3 bananas. I used my Nutribullet. At this point you could add in some additional ingredients if you like to boost the flavor, such as vanilla bean, cinnamon, cacao etc.
- Get your pie base from the fridge and pour this blueberry mixture over the base in your pie pan. Put it in the fridge to set for 1-3 hours. Once blended, blueberries will set very firmly in the fridge. It should end up firm and wobbly – a little bit like jelly!!
Once your pie has set in the fridge, carefully take it out of your pan! This is the hardest part! Congratulations, you are the proud owner of a new delicious and healthy pie! You can top it with your 3rd punnet of blueberries. I also added activated Buckinis from Loving Earth around the edges for an irresistible CRUNCH!
Original recipe by Made Whole