The most satisfying thing is getting a good percentage of your daily intake of greens before you’ve even left the house in the morning! It makes you feel like an absolute BOSS. That is why I have a green smoothie almost every day.
This is my go-to green smoothie. It’s a fool-proof recipe for a delicious green smoothie, because, let’s face it, sometimes green smoothies can end up tasting like chewed up grass. This one is a simple recipe that packs heaps of nutrients in and ALWAYS tastes great!
Blend in a Nutribullet or blender:
- 60g of fresh baby spinach
- 1 small cucumber (or 1/2 a regular one)
- 1 1/2 banana (or frozen banana)
- 1 pear OR 1 small mango if it’s mango season
- The juice of 1 lime
- some ice cubes
- 1/3 cup water or coconut water (or more if needed or if you like a thinner smoothie). You can also use regular water.
Optional – Supercharge with:
- 1 tsp wheat grass powder or barley grass juice powder for extra protein, iron, vitamin A & C that come from greens!
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder – Maca adds a great malty taste to smoothies and has great benefits to hormonal system, has all essential amino acids and it great for energy!
Make it into a smoothie bowl!
Check out my blog post I did about turning your smoothies into crunchy, delicious smoothie bowls with exciting toppings that you can eat like cereal (click here)! This is a great way to make it more exciting if you’re still getting used to drinking green smoothies!
(Use Made Whole coupon code “JWV697” on iHerb.com for $5 off your order!)