This isn’t just any kind of oatmeal guys.
This is the real deal.
This is the kind of thing that Christmas dreams are made of.
I can’t think of anything more perfect than sitting down to a Christmas movie with a loved one and having this perfectly sweet and cinnamony gingerbread oatmeal… Or even just staying in bed all morning because you have nowhere to be and it’s the holidays and so, duh, it’s a PJs-all-day kind of day.
Here in Australia, cherries=Christmas time. So of course I had to put a summer time spin on a traditionally winter time food … and they go together perfectly!
GINGERBREAD OATMEAL RECIPE
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats (you can use regular oats if you don’t mind. Sometimes it’s hard to find gluten free ones. Try here)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- A few shakes of cardamom
- 1/3 cup of whatever kind of milk you want to use (almond milk, coconut milk, etc) Or even water. I used a combo of coconut milk and water.
- 1/2 tbsp of Coconut Magic Coconut sugar
- Some vanilla (optional)
- 2 chopped dried dates
- 1 tsp of your favorite nut butter or even PB2 peanut butter powder (you can get it from iHerb for way cheaper than the shop. Use the coupon code JWV697 at checkout for 10% off!).
To make oatmeal:
- Mix together 1 tsp ginger, 1 1/3 tsp cinnamon and a few shakes of cardamom with 1/3 cup of whatever kind of milk you want to use (almond milk, coconut milk, etc) Or even water. I used a combo of coconut milk and water. Add 1/2 tbsp of Coconut Magic Coconut sugar, some vanilla (optional), 2 chopped dried dates and a tsp of your favorite nut butter or even PB2 peanut butter powder. Stir this all together with a spoon until combined.
- Mix through 1/3 cup of oats and stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes (or longer, depending on what kind of oats you use).
Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients and cook it on a stove top)
- Top with chopped cherries and coconut flakes when it comes out of the microwave! Yay
Original recipe by Made Whole co