Potatoes get a bad reputation because 99% of the time they are drenched in oil and fried! They’re almost always covered in butter or sour cream and, of course, drowned in salt. It’s not the poor potato’s fault! All the calories and bad fats come from the unhealthy things they’re cooked with or topped with.
Potatoes are high in B vitamins, vitamin C, iron and potassium. They’re actually awesome!
These wedges have the spicy taste of traditional wedges and the crunch we all love, but have NO oil or salt. You can also make them with sweet potato if you prefer!
- 5 large potatoes (this will make plenty of wedges!)
- 2 tsp paprka
- 1/2 tsp ceyanne pepper (or more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mixed dried italian herbs
- Some cracked black pepper
* If you like cooking with coconut oil, feel free to add some for crispier wedges
- Cut some potatoes in half longways. Cut each half longways into 3 wedges
- Place cut potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle your wedges with some paprika, ceyanne pepper, cracked black pepper and dried mixed Italian herbs. Give the spices a good mix through by tossing the potatoes with your hands
- Lay the wedges on a lined baking tray, making sure none of them overlap
- Bake in a 180 degree C (350 F) oven for 20 minutes, then flip them over and bake until cooked through and crunchy
- To amp up the crispyness of your wedges, turn on the grill and grill them for 3-5 minute after they have finished baking
Original recipe by Made Whole co.