☑ Gluten free ☑ Dairy free ☑ Refined sugar free ☑ Vegan
RICE PAPER ROLLS ARE MY FAVVVOORRRITTTEEE WAY TO EAT SALAD!!!
I’m very passionate about rice paper rolls in 1 particular area: the avocado to salad ratio!
This is a very delicate balance. I mean, It’s just my opinion but the avocado can’t overtake the salad or it becomes too mooshy, and let’s be real it, no one like mooshy food except babies!
In a nut shell: crunchy carrots, crisp lettuce, cool cucumber and some corriander (and mint… but mint ruins my alliteration roll i was on) balance out the creamy avocado perfectly! …
It’s a serious issue guys.
RECIPE (makes 4)
- 4 rice paper sheets
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup alfafa sprouts
- 1 carrot
- Handful of corriander and mint
- Rice noodles (optional and not pictured)
- Water for dipping
- Slice avocado and cucumbers into thin vertical strips. Grate carrot. Wash lettuce, herbs and sprouts.
- Dip rice paper sheet in water for about 4 seconds, making sure the whole thing is immersed. I like it use a wide, flat bowl to put the water in.
- Lay the wet rice paper sheet on a chopping board and start to lay your veggies neatly in the middle, leaving space at either end to fold the ends in.
- Fold and roll the rice paper rolls according to the diagrams that are on the packaging. PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT! If your first one rips, don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it! If you are having a real problem with them ripping, trying using 2 rice paper sheets instead of one to make it thicker!
These are PERFECT to pack for lunch and are an easy way to make eating salad fun. you can even dip them in tamari sauce. YUM!
Original recipe by Made Whole co